Our technical ability to problem solve gives us the edge
Under the stewardship of the former owner, Jeremy Crush, ER Longley had a very strong relationship with the commercial sector, and this is a sector that Laurence Collins-Willis is passionate about as the new owner. He brings significant knowledge and expertise to the business.
In the period since taking over the business, he has driven the business further down the commercial route. Today we work very closely with many launderettes, nursing homes, care homes, NHS sites, plus we also have a strong presence in guest houses, bed & breakfasts and Hotels across Kent, South East London and Sussex.
Hard water can be VERY EXPENSIVE on businesses
It's important however to have the facts about how hard water affects your business. Only then can you make an informed decision on how best to treat the effects of hard water for you, because every business is different and requires careful thought.
Firstly, we know that hard water costs businesses millions of pounds a year, and the worst thing about this fact is that it is entirely preventable.
Here are some of the effects of hard water you may recognise in your business:
- Shower screens, taps, sinks and toilets are probably damaged with hard water staining caused by limescale
- Flow rates reduce and temperatures fluctuate as hard water clogs tap and shower cartridges
- Cleaning and detergent costs are much higher than they need to be as hard water takes a lot more time, effort and cost to control and manage.
- Equipment downtime as maintenance repairs take time, spares cost more and the more a machine breaks, the less its life is reduced.
- Your laundry takes a real hit as your towels, staff uniforms, tablecloths and bed linens have a faded, rough appearance, with a shorter life.
- You may even have clients with dry skin conditions, eczema, psoriasis, dandruff, or even have staff that have found that the cleaning and washing they are doing is resulting in dry chapped hands
You manage your business, let us manage your water
Why we are different?
First and foremost, we really know what we are doing. We just get commercial softening, how to go about it, how to get the best quality water, how to maintain equipment properly, and how to get the best length of life from your softeners.
We really do care about keeping installation costs and maintenance costs low, so we'll give you the best advice for the best maintenance plan or package for looking after your business and equipment.
We have some excellent payment plans that enable you to spread the cost of maintenance over the course of the year or agreement period, which can include regular check-ups to ensure that everything is operating as it should, thus reducing the cost of actual servicing.
Our care packages can also include salt, and we'll even keep your softener topped up, checking the water quality is soft on each refill.